“Your personal core values define who you are, and a company’s core values ultimately define the company’s character and brand. For individuals, character is destiny. For organizations, culture is destiny.”
- Tony Hsieh
Organizational values help your employees to make the right decisions and help them understand what your company stands for.
How to put your values to work:
1. Leadership must regularly model the core values.
2. Managers must regularly model the core values and apply them when coaching, giving feedback, and recognizing their teams.
3. Business decisions should be made using the core values as guideposts.
4. Talent Programs must embed the core values into their design and implementation.
5. Communications should regularly highlight your core values. The core values should be visible in your messaging, workplace and website.