“Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without talking about the other.”
- Bill Gates
Leading organizations augment their capabilities through simple cross-functional processes, hyper-focused incentives, and best-in-class tools to drive simplicity, clarity, and speed in execution.
Reasons for misalignment:
• IT departments do not have a clear understanding of what is important to the business
• Leadership don’t understand the value of IT
• Leadership are unwilling to stop using outdated technology
• IT decisions are made separate to business decisions
What does alignment look like?
• Every aspect of the IT strategy should support the goals of the business
• Every IT-related investment, activity, service or project must create or optimize business value
• IT should be looking to achieve business-related metrics. Not IT related ones.
• Leadership teams need to be aware of their IT resources, something often neglected.