“Come, come, come. Without a monster or two it’s not a quest, merely a gaggle of friends wandering about.”
- A A Milne
Quests with strict deadlines, common goals and time limits, lead to a sense of urgency, mutual
dependency. In addition, they encourage shared knowledge and intense collaboration.
Steps to embarking on a quest:
1. Act now. Waiting for the perfect time will probably never come.
2. Clearly define the goal.
3. Recruit a Team that embodies the following:
• Focus on possibilities, rather than past problems.
• Help others feel fully engaged.
• Learn from others.
• Goal oriented and flexible with regard to approach.
• Maintain integrity with their words and actions.
• Ability to influence others.