“To become a real [person] you must prove yourself brave, truthful and honest.”
When managers or leaders are deceptive, employees are not only disaffected by them but also the organization they represent.
1. Keep your word. When you make a commitment, stick to it.
2. Make honesty a promotion worthy attribute.
3. Encourage honesty by continually asking for feedback.
4. Use the proper style for the right audience, when being honest:
• Truthful = blunt, direct, unemotional way.
• Tactful = concern for personal feelings