1. Accepting that you can’t do everything yourself is a critical first step to delegating
2. Keep a daily diary of how you spend your time.
3. Delegation shouldn’t be yet another task. Make it part of your process for creating staff development plans so that they can build the skills they need.
4. Give power to those who have demonstrated the capacity to handle the responsibility.
5. Don’t second-guess others’ decisions and ideas unless it’s absolutely necessary. This only undermines their confidence and keeps them from sharing future ideas with you.