“We buy into places that connect with who we are.”
- Nike Employee
By encouraging employees to apply their personal strengths to the job, companies can help their employees become more connected with their colleagues, more engaged in their work and more likely to stay.
Ideas for tapping into personal identity socialization:
1. Encourage your employees to express their unique perspectives and strengths on the job from the very beginning and inviting them to frame their work as a platform for doing what they do best.
2. Promote employee self-esteem and self-expression.
3. Remember that an organization is made up of people, and that people have a desire to use their signature strengths.
4. Showcase a ”personal highlights reel” made up of events or moments when your team was at their best.
5. Assist employees in discovering their signature strengths.