“A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.”
- John Ruskin
When we practice thoughtfulness towards others, we show them that we are grateful for them and value the role they play in our lives and organizations.
Ways to show thoughtfulness:
1. Remember family member’s names.
2. Celebrate birthday’s and work anniversaries.
3. Buy lunch for someone putting in extra effort.
4. Give a glowing (anecdotal) recommendation.
5. Place a note of appreciation at someone’s desk.
6. Fill a jar of compliments and give to a colleague.