“Can you not see that the task is your task – yours to dream, yours to resolve yours to execute?.”
- Upton Sinclair
With the right approach, almost any task can be seen as worthwhile, important and valuable.
1. Visualize the end product of your work. Identify how your effort might positively impact another person.
2. Write a career mantra.
- What are your values?
- What problem can you solve?
3. Cultivate self awareness by figuring out what moves you. Great questions to ask:
- What are you working for?
- What impact do you want to create in your job?
- What skills do you want to develop and leverage?