- Administrator means a person that has login credentials to a Customer account to manage the account, create surveys, review and share results.
- Confidentiality Notice means the information given to Respondents at the time of answering a survey conducted by the Customer. Additionally, the degree of confidentiality and anonymity that the Respondent will have will be disclosed as well.
- Culture Booster, we, us or our means Culture Booster Inc.
- Customer or Company means in regard to you, the person or entity that has contracted with Culture Booster to use our Services.
- Platform Data means any data that you or third parties submit to Culture Booster using the Services.
- Respondent means any person who uses our Services to answer surveys conducted by the Customer.
- Services mean all products, services, and Websites offered by Culture Booster.
- You or your means either an Administrator or Respondent.
Safety of Minors
Our Services may not be used by minors. "Minors" are individuals under the age of 16. We may delete any information submitted by a minor to Culture Booster, without notice. If you have reason to believe we may have personal information of a minor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information We Collect About You
When you use Culture Booster, we collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a number of sources, described below.
- Personal information: Any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
- Usage information: Usage data is collected about you whenever you interact with our Services. This may include web page visits, web page link clicks, the time you performed those actions, and other activities.
- Device and browser data: Data is collected from the device you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, operating system, visit time, browser details, and also location information.
- Mobile devices: We may receive identifying information about your mobile device when you connect to our Services.
- HRIS data: If the Customer uses a third-party human resources information system (for example, ADP or Namely) to import information into Services, we will also receive information from that third party (such as your name, email, employment information, and demographic insights).
- Survey responses: When you respond to a Customer survey, we store your answers and comments.
- Information collected from your Company: Each Customer provides us with different information. It's very likely, your Company will provide us with demographic data like your name, email address, and information related to your role within the Company, including but not limited to your manager, any direct reports you may have and where you are at on the Company's organization chart. Some Customers may also provide us with additional demographic information so they can better analyze and understand their survey results.
- Registration details: When your account is registered, or an Administrator registers an account for you, we collect the following information: your name, company name, email, password, and additional information.
- Survey data: When a survey is launched using the Services, we will store those survey questions and other information related to those surveys.
- Account Settings: You will be able to update various preferences and personal details on your account settings page or your profile—for example, your name, email address, or photo.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your personal information in a variety of ways. The information we collect about you varies based on the way that you use our Services, for example, whether you are an Administrator or Respondent. However, in both roles, the information we collect and process is necessary for our business, so that we can provide you with the expected Services.
We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
When using our Services as an Administrator, these are some ways we may use your personal information:
- Create an account with us: We need your personal information in order to create an account and for you to be able to login to your account.
- Provide you with our Services: Providing you with access, use of our platform, and customer support requires us to access your personal information so that we can help offer assistance with technical issues.
- Manage our Services: We use your information to provide our Services and improve those Services as well. Some examples are:
- monitor and improve our Services;
- personalize, enhance and customize your experience when you use our Services (including presenting the Culture Booster platform in the best format for you based on the device you use to access the Culture Booster platform);
- develop new updates and features;
- enforce our policies when we are made aware of potential breaches;
- prevent potentially illegal, undesirable or abusive activities;
- investigate complaints made by you or about you;
- respond to legal requests (subpoenas, warrants, mandatory information requests, etc.).
- Contact you about the Services: We may need to contact you via email, mail, or telephone to inform you about matters, such as changes to our Services, terms, or policies.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm: We may receive a legal request, or be informed of a harmful situation, or potential harm, to someone. As a result, we may need to inspect your personal information or data to respond appropriately to that request or threat.
When using our Services as a Respondent, these are some ways we may use your personal information:
- Providing the Services: When you respond to Customer surveys, we will share that information with the Customer and Administrators. What information we share and how your answers are displayed to analyze and report your answers (either in aggregate or individual form) will vary depending on the type of survey. It is important to read the Confidentiality Notice before responding to a survey. The Confidentiality Notice will explain how your survey answers will be shared and used.
- Creating aggregated de-identified data: We will create aggregated de-identified. For example, we will use the aggregated de-identified data for survey benchmarks. We may also share the aggregated de-identified data with customers, prospects, partners for business, or research purposes.
- Preventing harm: We may disclose your information to the Customer or relevant authorities if your use of our Services indicates a risk of harm to you or to others.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Platform Data collected during your use of our Services is retained for as long as you remain an active customer. Your data is deleted upon your written request or after an established period following the termination of all customer agreements.
How Secure Is Your Data
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is handled securely. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee your personal information is absolutely secure in all situations. You acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. If you suspect there has been misuse of your personal information, immediately contact us at email@example.com
You have various rights in regard to your personal information:
- Rectification: You have the right to access, view, and edit your information.
- Forgotten: You have the right to be deleted from your survey results.
- Opt-out: You have the right to be able to opt-out from future messages.
Submit requests: You can submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.